Captain Genty left Paris on 7 December in his armored car and arrived on 18 December 1907.
Captain Genty at the wheel of the 24 hp Panhard-Genty armored car, which could travel at a speed of 70 kph.
In 1904, the army assigned Captain Genty a Panhard & Levassor 24 hp car which could be used as a reconnaissance vehicle because its high chassis enabled it to travel over rugged terrain. Its impact-resistant reinforced-wood frame gave it flexibility and solidity and it could travel at a speed of up to 70 kph. Genty had the idea of adding a machine gun and fitting out the vehicle accordingly. The bucket seat next to the driver had a swivel stool so that the gun could be fired from any position. The Panhard-Genty armored car was the first in a long line of Panhard army vehicles.
For further information...
Book : Benoit Pérot, « Panhard, la doyenne d’avant-garde», EPA, 1979